First Use - Charging and Filling
You will need;
- 4-5 litres of distilled or demineralised water
- Sodium hydroxide (also known as caustic soda or Lye)
- Stirring spoon
- Measuring jug (preferably 2.5 litre)
You will need;
- Demineralised Water in this machine at all times
- Sodium Hydroxide
- 3.5 litre pre mixed White Vinegar (30%) and Distilled Water (70%) solution
- Phillips Head Screwdriver
- Measuring Jug
(every 250 hours or 3 months)
Turn off power supply, disconnect power cable from rear of machine, loosen screws on the bottom of the rear panel only and completely remove the remaining screws to remove rear panel. Take machine to a drainage point such as a shower or laundry tub, remove filler caps on the top of the machine and open both the electrolyte system valve and the gas filter system valve inside the machine at the bottom and completely drain fluids. Close both valves. Fill electrolyte system with 2.5 litres of pre-mixed vinegar solution and the gas filter system with the remaining 1 litre of vinegar solution and leave for a minimum of 2 hours (overnight recommended). Open both valves and drain contents completely. Close valves and fill with water to flush cleaning solution, 2.5 litres in the electrolyte system and 750ml in the gas filter system minimum. Leave for a few minutes, drain and repeat for second flush.
Please note that the electrolyte system in this machine is a diluted acidic fluid and any skin contact should be washed and cleaned thoroughly without delay. Avoid contact with skin and eyes and flush any drainage points with fresh water on completion of maintenance.
Hydrogen is an explosive molecule and although the amounts produced here are very low and considered safe, it must only be used as directed in an open and well ventilated room. Keep away from, and do not use near any potential ignition points including open flames and cigarettes. Do not use in water containing bubble forming soaps and detergents.
- The electrolysis process used here splits the water atoms in the “Electrolyte” tank to produce gas. As such the water is used and needs to be topped up on a regular basis. This needs to be checked at least every week or so depending on use. Use only demineralised water to top up. Do not over fill beyond 75mm from the top at any time.
- Sodium Hydroxide is also known as caustic soda and is usually found at most large supermarkets. Ensure the product is at least 98-99% pure. This is used only once during the “Charging and Filling” stage and not used again until all fluids are drained during the next cleaning process in approximately 3 months time.
- If the dip-stick on the top of each filler point is difficult to read, try a wooden chopstick which may make it easier to see the water level. Ensure the level no higher than about 75mm from the top to allow for gas collection. Rinse well with fresh water after using.
- To drain any fluid out, please remove the back panel as previously described and open into a drain or jug. Rinse thoroughly on completion.
- Fluid levels are not absolutely critical however it is important not to overfill. Keep machine upright at all times so as not to tip water into the gas collection points.
- If you are ever uncertain about fluid levels or contamination from tipping, simply drain the fluids as previously described and refill using the “Charging and Filling” instructions.
Please make sure your power controller is always at 12 O'clock as this will produce enough gas, at a low capacity for the machine and at recommended levels, at this setting. This machine has further capacity to allow for a higher volume of production, for short periods of time, when enriching larger volumes of water when utilising our nano-bubble gas infusion devices. It does not need to run at full capacity for any reason. More is not always better. If you think of it like a car, you do not need to drive it with the throttle on full at all times. The engine will run better for longer at about half its capacity. We have built you a good machine and it will produce 400 - 600ml of gas per minute at 50% capacity (12 O'Clock on the dial).